Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This marinade makes the meat so tender and flavorful. Plan ahead; this needs to marinate overnight (which is not included in the preparation time). In the spring and summer, I like to use my outdoor grill. In the winter, I like to use my George Foreman grill.
- 2 cups diet lemon-lime soda
- 1 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 6 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- In large resealable plastic bag, combine the soda, soy sauce, oil, garlic powder and horseradish.
- Add chicken.
- Seal the bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill chicken over medium-heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
Terrific recipe! So many terriyaki chicken recipes are over-powering - not this one! I was surprised at how moist and tender the chicken turned out. And this gets an A+ for ease in preparation. I will be making this one often. Thanks, Lainey for another keeper.
Fabulous!!! This is my new #1 chicken marinade! The odd combination of ingredients intrigued me, but it all works perfectly together. I used 12 chicken tenders, but would have enough marinade for 6-8 more. Definitely company worthy.
This recipe made a very moist and tender chicken breast and was so easy to do. I think next time I would reduce the soy sauce a little, it was a bit salty for me, but DH loved it just the way it was. This is a great dish to prepare ahead of time and take to the lake in the summer. Thanks, Lainey!