Recipe by DeniseBC
This recipe was in the April/May 2011 Taste of Home. The original had 8 oz cream cheese, but I used a small chunk of local goat cheese instead. I also left out the shallots since I didn't have them. It was delicious! The recipe was submitted by Barbara Estabrook and she said about it "A lovely vinaigrette coats this green salad that's tossed with tomatoes, olives and marinated cream cheese 'croutons.' I freeze the cream cheese for 45 minutes or so to firm it up. This makes it easier to cut into cubes."
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pitted green olives, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Cut cheese into 1/2" cubes; toss with half of the dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, spinach, tomatoes, shallots, and olives. Drizzle with remaining dressing; toss to coat. Top with marinated cheese. Serve immediately.