Recipe by Honeybeee
Strange as it may sound, broccoli is one of the more exotic (and recently made popular) vegetables now available in India. Not quite adopted into our Indian cuisine, one has to create and find innovative ways to cook it. I generally tend to just steam it and use it in salads. This one is to be had raw, after having been marinated overnight. A great idea for the relish tray.
- 2 lbs fresh broccoli, trimmed
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove tough ends from broccoli stalks.
- Also remove the large outer leaves and cut into florets, reserving stalks for another use.
- Place broccoli in a bowl or zipper storage bag.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over broccoli.
- Chill overnight, mixing occasionally.