Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I think this a lovely side dish, everything seems to blend nicely. This is adapted from a magazine called food ideas
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated and juiced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 slices rindless bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 100 g goat cheese, crumbled
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine oil, lemon rind, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, cumin and salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk all together till well combined.
- Cut asparagus into thirds and place in a ceramic dish.
- Pour over the lemon juice mixture and toss well to coat, cover and stand for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick fry pan over medium high heat and add the nuts and cook tossing for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Set aside.
- Add bacon and cook for 4-5 minutes until crisp.
- Set aside with nuts.
- Add asparagus and marinade to hot frying pan.
- Cook shaking pan for 1 minute.
- Cover and cook further 2 minutes or until the asparagus is bright green and just tender.
- Transfer the asparagus to a bowl.
- Add pine nuts, bacon, thyme, goats cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss gently to combine.