Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great sauce recipe for pasta, quinoa, or veggies.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 head garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1⁄4 cup pepperoncini pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup red wine (optional)
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté five minutes, until tender.
- Add garlic and sauté two minutes, until fragrant.
- Add Italian seasoning and cook one minute more.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tomato puree, pepperoncini, and spices.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer one hour.
- Add red wine, cook five minutes more.