Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a simple marinade for any beef cuts, the longer you marinate the more the flavour will soak into the meat. My carnivores (Little Miss (DD) and Hubby) really enjoyed it. I didn't mind it on chicken either.
- 2 porterhouse steaks (different steak can be used)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot or 1 teaspoon ginger, in a jar
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed or 1 teaspoon garlic, in a jar
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon (or your favorite spice)
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- In a large shallow bowl combine the sugar, ginger, garlic, tarragon, soy sauce and vinegar, mix until sugar has dissolved.
- Add meat into the marinade mixture, mix.
- Cover with cling wrap and allow to marinate at least 30 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Place steak on BBQ or grill, cook then brushing with marinade, flip steak once, cook until done or according to your taste.
- Remove off heat and serve immediately with salad and potato dish.
Very good marinade.Made everything as written and instead of fresh gingeroot i used 1/8 tsp ginger powder.Thanks for the recipe and will do again.
WOW! This is so easy and so good. I switched out the tarragon for basil. DH prefers sirloin and I prefer ribeye so I bought those. Delicious flavor and the carmelization was beautiful and tasty. DH ended up trying to steal part of my ribeye when he ran out of sirloin and has asked that I make it again this week. I served it with a salad and some steamed asparagus and it was a wonderful dinner.
This was perfect for the first year anniversary dinner my husband and I shared. This marinade is very easy and quick to make. I doubled the marinade for 1.77 lbs of NY strip steak. The steaks were marinated overnight and turned over once. 30 minutes before dinner, I brought out the steaks to warm up to room temperature while a cast iron pan was heating up in the oven (oven set to broil) for 15 minutes. Then I seared each side of the steaks for about 2 minutes. After searing, I turned the oven setting to 500 degrees. The steaks cooked within 3 minutes (we prefer our steaks medium to well done). Let the steaks set for 5 minutes before slicing.