Recipe by drhousespcatcher
A different margarita posted to FareShare Gazette May 2006 from Everyday Cooking Collection - Mexican Recipes Posted here untried by me posted for someones request.
- 3⁄4 cup lime juice, see notes
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup triple sec
- 8 slices limes, garnish (thin slices)
- 4 limes, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Sorbet:.
- In a bowl, combine the lime juice, sugar, milk, tequila and triple sec. Mix well.
- Continue to mix in an ice cream maker Grate with a fork or put in a food processor for a few seconds. Freeze for 1 hour then mix with a fork.
- For the zest mix:.
- In a small saucepan, combine the lime zests, sugar and water. Simmer over low heat for 8 minutes until it reaches syrup stage.
- Rim 4 margarita glasses with sugar. Serve the sorbet in the glasses,garnished with the lime zest confit and slices of lime.
- 4 servings.