Recipe by bbgrl79ca
I love salmon, and this simple grilled margarita salmon recipe from Chatelain magazine - August 2002 issue is one of the best ones out there yet. It's delicious when it's served hot, at room temperature or chilled with a squeeze of fresh lime.
- 1⁄4 cup frozen margarita mix
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 2 -3 lbs salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- lime slice
- lemon slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw margarita mix just until slushy.
- Preheat barbecue to medium.
- In a small bowl, stir honey with 1 T (15 ml) tequila and margarita mix.
- Place salmon on a large platter.
- Spoon three-quarters of honey-margarita mix overtop.
- Sprinkle with dillweed.
- Let salmon stand at room temperature for 10 mins.
- Place salmon skin-side down on preheated barbecue.
- Grill with lid closed about 8 mins, then brush with remaining honey-margarita mix.
- Don't turn salmon over.
- Grill from 6 to 10 more mins.
- Salmon is done when a knife tip inserted into centre feels warm.
- Remove from grill using 1 or 2 large wide spatulas.
- Insert between skin and flesh, leaving skin on grill.
- Gently place salmon on a large platter.
- Drizzle with remaining 2 T (30 ml) tequila.
- Garnish with lime and lemon slices.
- If serving at a buffet, keep fish whole and let guests help themselves.
- If making ahead, immediately refrigerate salmon after grilling.
- When cool, cover.
- It will keep well, covered, in the refrigerator up to 1 day.
- Serve cold.
- OVEN ROASTING: Prepare salmon as you would for barbecuing.
- Place skin-side down on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast, uncovered, at 450ºF (230ºC) for 8 mins, then brush with remaining honey-margarita mix and continue to roast for 6 to 10 more mins.