Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have no idea who 'Margaret' is or was, but the recipe was given to me 25-30 years ago by Pam Spenner, wife of my former manager, in Williston ND.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked oatmeal
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Press into a rectangle on a LARGE greased cookie sheet; it will never fit in a 9"x13" pan and still cook through.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-18 minutes.
- Cut into 2" squares, transfer to a wire rack to cool.