Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
This is just what the doctor orders for those period cravings! Chocolate and Peanut Butter all in one big bunt cake!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup smooth peanut butter or 2⁄3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips
Chocolate Peanut Butter Glaze
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut uo
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped up into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Generously grease and flour a 12-cup tube or ring pan.
- Melt the chocolate.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, peanut butter and sugarS until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to the butter mixture alternately with the milk until just blended.
- Pour half the mixture into another bowl.
- Stir in the melted chocolate into one bowl until well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips into the other bowl of batter Using a large spoon, drop alternate spoonfuls of chocolate mixture and peanut butter mixture into the prepared pan.
- Using a knife, pull through the batters the create a swirled marbled effect.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the top springs back when touched.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto a cooling rack and cool completely To make the glaze: Combines all the ingriedents in a small saucepan.
- Melt over low heat, stirring until well blended and smooth.
- Cool slightly.
- When slightly thickened, drizzle over the cake, letting it run down the sides.