Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is just what the doctor orders for those period cravings! Chocolate and Peanut Butter all in one big bunt cake!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup smooth peanut butter or 2⁄3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips
Chocolate Peanut Butter Glaze
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut uo
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped up into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Generously grease and flour a 12-cup tube or ring pan.
- Melt the chocolate.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, peanut butter and sugarS until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to the butter mixture alternately with the milk until just blended.
- Pour half the mixture into another bowl.
- Stir in the melted chocolate into one bowl until well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips into the other bowl of batter Using a large spoon, drop alternate spoonfuls of chocolate mixture and peanut butter mixture into the prepared pan.
- Using a knife, pull through the batters the create a swirled marbled effect.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the top springs back when touched.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto a cooling rack and cool completely To make the glaze: Combines all the ingriedents in a small saucepan.
- Melt over low heat, stirring until well blended and smooth.
- Cool slightly.
- When slightly thickened, drizzle over the cake, letting it run down the sides.