Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love walnuts...I love 'em in cookies, in cakes, in brownies...So it's a foregone conclusion, that I'd have this recipe in my repertoire ;-)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute (Egg Beaters)
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla; beat in egg substitute.
- Blend in flour, baking soda and salt; mix in walnuts.
- Spread in a 13 X 9 pan; sprinkle the chocolate chips over the dough.
- Place in the preheated 375° oven for 1 min or so to melt the chocolate chips a little.
- Remove from the oven and run a butter knife through the chocolate and into the dough to create a marbelizing effect.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for 13 minute.
- Remove from oven; cool completely; cut into 24 squares to serve.
- Variation: Make this a 'marble pecan squares' treat by swapping out the walnut for pecans.