- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1.5 (1 ounce) pieces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine margerine, water and chocolate in saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in combined flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add eggs and sour cream; mix well.
- Pour into greased and floured 15x10x1" jelly roll pan.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing til well blended.
- Blend in egg.
- Spoon over chocolate batter.
- Cut through batter with a knife several times for marble effect.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 375, 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Even though there was an ingredients mix-up (since corrected) and I only used 1 chocolate square instead of 1-1/2, these squares turned out perfectly! I made them up for the "Go Irish - Go Green" cook-a-thon on March 16/17 (2002) and made them green by adding a few drops green food colouring to the cream cheese portion. I also added 3/4 tsp mint extract to the chocolate portion. These are not hard to prepare, smell heavenly as they bake, and taste divine. Be prepared -- you get a lot! Thanks so much for posting this!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook and so I am thrilled that I found recipezaar. I work as an educational assistant in a food school so I am around food all day long. I have four children, three of which have already flown the coop so to speak but I still have my 'baby' at home. (He's 21). I am lucky in that I have my summers off so I spend a lot of time trying new recipes and catching up on my reading. I also play soccer in a ladies league to stay in shape.