Recipe by JuniorMintKiss
This recipe for cream cheese brownies will make anyone melt. Prepare to be bombarded with a rich texture and taste! My aunt gave me this recipe and it's truly one-of-a-kind.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares (3 squares)
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar, mixing until well blended. Blend in one egg.
- In saucepan, combine water, margarine, and chocolate; bring to boil. Remove from heat. Add combined remaining sugar and flour; mix well. Blend in remaining eggs, sour cream, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour into greased and floured 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 inch jelly roll pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture over chocolate batter. Cut through batter with knife several times for marble effect; sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool; cut into squares.