Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I changed a recipe around a bit and came up with this delicious cherry icing. It is so pretty on cakes or cupcakes. Every time I look at or eat a Maraschino cherry, my Heart smiles. This icing is a soft and sweet. It goes well with chocolate or white cake. I recommend refrigerating the cake after it is iced. It will set up better that way and keep longer.
- Combine cherry juice and water together.
- Using a Kitchen Aid-type mixer with a paddle, dump powdered sugar, Crisco, vanilla,and butter flavoring into mixing bowl.
- Mix together at a medium speed.
- Slowly add 1/4 cup of juice mixture.
- While continuing to mix at a medium speed, add an additional 1/4 cup of juice mixture until desired consistency reached. (You may not need all of the juice mixture to reach a spreadable consistency).
- Remove bowl from mixer and scrape paddle.
- Gently fold in the well drained cherries.
- Gently fold in the Cool Whip.
- Place in a glass container with a tight fitting lid.
- Refrigerate. Will keep approximately 1 week.
- *Be sure to drain the cherries well after they are chopped or you may notice the cherries "seep" a little juice into the icing.
- I do not add all of the juice mixture when I make this icing.
- I have used this icing to generously ice a 2 layer 9-inch cake. It makes a nice batch of icing. The servings are approximate and can change depending what you are icing.
our hearts smile too:) thank you for submitting it dee