1/2 Photos of Mar Mar Noodles
Marly Deschauer's Note:
Well... This dish is a ironic dish for me to post as my first recipe to share with you. I LOVE Thai food and this is a great westernized version of Pad Thai. Simple, but tastes fabulous! My husband and I immdetiatley knew this was a hit upon our first bite! Don't be afraid to add other ingredients such as bean sprouts, chicken etc. since we changed the recipe from its original version (Dan Dan Noodles, Food & Wine Jan 2006), my husband renamed it after me. :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/2 cup raw peanuts
- 1 small jalapeno, minced
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (asian version)
- kosher salt
- 12 ounces chow mein rice noodles or 12 ounces linguine
- fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- lime wedge (to garnish)
- 1In a large skillet, heat the peanut oil.
- 2Add peanuts and fry over moderate heat until golden, about 8 minutes; let cool slightly.
- 3Transfer peanuts and oil to a food processor.
- 4Add the jalapeno, garlic, and ginger and process until minced.
- 5Add the soy sauce, water, rice vinegar Sriracha, sugar and sesame oil and process until smooth.
- 6Season generously with salt.
- 7In a pot of boiling salt water, cook the noodles until al dente.
- 8Drain, at this point you can with either rinse with cold water and toss with the sauce for an excellent salad or you can toss the hot noodles with the sauce for an excellent hot meal.
- 9Garnish with Cilantro and Lime Wedge.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mar Mar Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.6
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 787.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: