1/1 Photo of Maple Wheat Bread for the Bread Machine
2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I recently bought a new bread machine, and this was one of the recipes included in the instruction booklet.I've made this particular recipe twice,once on the basic bread cycle and once just using the dough cycle and finishing up in the oven.I personally prefer using just the dough cycle,after baking in the oven the crust doesn't seem as hard as it did using the basic cycle.I've tried a few recipes from this site for wheat bread and they weren't exactly what I was looking for,but to me this one is just perfect.Prep time is an estimate depending on your particular machine. If you try this,please leave a review I would love to know what you think. For our Canadian Chefs, I have included the amount of The Canadian Bread flour in parenthesis.This recipe makes a 1.5 loaf. Submitted to Food.com ( a.k.a. ZAAR ) on November 8th.,2011
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup buttermilk (70 to 80 degrees )
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter (I used the oil ) or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used the oil )
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups bread flour (or 1 1/4 cups Canadian Bread flour )
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1Add ingredients to bread machine as directed by your instruction manual.
- 2Set bread machine on basic bread cycle,and go on from there :).
- 3Or just use dough cycle,remove from machine,form into loaf and place in a greased loaf pan.
- 4Cover, and let rise in warm place for 1 hour.
- 5Bake for 35 to 40 minutes,at 350 degrees.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Wheat Bread for the Bread Machine
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.7
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 240.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 4.8 g