- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour milk, made using 1% milk
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat non-stick pan sprayed with over medium heat.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together sour milk, maple syrup and egg. Add to dry ingredients and whisk till completely blended.
- For each pancake pour about a 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot pan.
- Cook on first side until bubbles that form begin to pop and edges look dry.
- With a spatula, turn and cook until second side is rich golden brown.
- Serve with additional maple syrup.