Easy Berry Maple Pancake or Waffle Sauce (Healthy)
Easy and delish on pancakes, waffles, crepes, or anything else that needs some great berry flavor! Use blackberries or raspberries as your berries. Other berries really don't work :) This doesn't make a huge amount of topping so you can double if you wish.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons frozen raspberries or 3 tablespoons frozen blackberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- sugar or artificial artificial sweetener, to taste
- Heat first 3 ingredients in a bowl for 45 seconds, or until berries are thawed and have released their juices.
- Lightly mash the berries until the sauce no longer has any big chunks, and mix in flour and sweetener.
- Enjoy over pancakes, waffles, crepes, or whatever you want! Great with margarine and a dollop of Cool Whip.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Very easy topping for pancakes and/or waffles. I always have waffles in the freezer and this was just perfect for a single serving. Due to an issue with gluten, I left out the flour and this turned out just fine. I think this would also be good in plain yogurt and most likely will try it soon. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.