1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
The Legal Chef's Note:
I sometimes use 1/4 cup canola oil, but I use water when I'm trying to be more health conscious. I also sometimes add 1/4 cup whole cashews. For breakfast, I combine 1/3- 1/2 cup of granola with 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup fat-free yogurt and sometimes some fresh blueberries. I omit the additional salt when I use salted nuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut (sweetened also works well)
- 1 cup sliced almonds (or whole almonds)
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar (scant 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup golden raisin
- 1/4 cup dried apricot
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- 2Heat syrup over low heat for about 3 minutes.
- 3Combine with the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well (except the fruit).
- 4Spread on two jelly roll pans and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- 5Allow to cool completely before mixing with fruit and storing in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Vanilla Granola
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.1
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 89.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: