Recipe by Ducky
Saw a picture of this dessert on kraftfoods.com and it looked delicious. I also thought it was something unusual to do with maple syrup. It is so easy to make and tasty. Ingredients are approximate since they should be mixed to taste. If desired, the coconut can be toasted (baking dish at 350 degrees F for 7-12 minutes, until light brown, stirring occasionally). Cook time does not include refrigerator time. Put in freezer for a firmer set.
Top Review by Diana #2
This is quite refreshing. Very easy and quick to put together as well. I did find the 'sauce' a little too watery for us, but very flavourful. I probably should have used toasted coconut in the mix itself instead of just on top. Would have given it more colour. Honoured to make this as a "Thank You" for voting for Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia in the 2010 Kraft Hockeyville Competition.
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping (lite or fat-free is okay)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup maple syrup, to taste
- 2 -3 ripe bananas, sliced,to taste
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple or 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flakes (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts