Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't tried this - it is in responce to a request. Seems easy and sounds delicious. Real maple syrup is needed.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Prick the bottom and sides of the shell with a fork, at one-half inch intervals.
- Press a piece of heavy duty foil, snugly, into the shell.
- Bake for 6 minutes, then remove the foil, and bake 4 minutes longer.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Combine the cream and milk in a sauce pan, and heat, until scalded.
- Beat the eggs, until they are foamy.
- Stir in one-half cup of the maple syrup.
- Slowly add the hot cream mixture, to the egg mixture, stirring constantly.
- Pour the custard into the pie shell, and bake, for 30 minutes.
- Don't over bake.
- The center should tremble, slightly, when the pie is gently shaken.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- This pie is best served slightly warm.
- Just before serving, drizzle the remaining one-fourth cup maple syrup over the top.