Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe that my mom makes and I have loved forever! It's an interesting combination of flavors and one that will leave your mouth watering for more! Requires one hour of refrigeration prior to serving!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 pints strawberries, washed and hulled
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and maple syrup; cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Arrange strawberries in eight dessert bowls.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over them and refrigerate.
- To serve, pour sour cream mixture over strawberries.
Excellent recipe! Quite a simple, yet elegant presentation, Thanks for this recipe!
This was so good! I took LoriInIndiana's advice and added extra maple sugar. My three year old DSS thought this was "the bomb!" and my niece ate two!!! Great Recipe! Beautiful photo....no need to submit another!
I made this to share at my sister's birthday party and went home without any strawberries left!! The maple is very subtle, I may add more next time, but the brown sugar on the strawberries is essential!! Thanks KC_Cooker for an unusual, yet yummy new way to eat strawberries!