A winner in the Robert Mondavi "Art of the Skewer" contest, created by Lisa Keys. Cook time is marinating time, and doesn't include time to soak skewers.
- 4 boneless center cut pork chops, cut 1-inch thick
- 9.85 ml garlic pepper seasoning
- 59.14 ml real maple syrup
- 59.14 ml Chardonnay wine, plus one cup for soaking skewers if needed
- 2 peaches, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 sweet onion, cut into bite-size pieces
- hot cooked couscous (optional)
- fresh herb, for garnish (optional)
- If using bamboo skewers, soak them in one cup of chardonnay for 30 minutes prior to use.
- Rub pork all over with garlic-pepper seasoning.
- Cut chops into bite-size pieces and place in a glass utility dish.
- Blend maple syrup and Chardonnay. Pour over pork and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Drain marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil; cook one minute.
- Alternate pork with pieces of peach and onions on skewers.
- Grill over moderate for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with marinade.
- Serve over couscous, garnished with fresh herbs, if desired.
Followed your recipe right on down & had an outstanding pork & couscous dinner! Used a LARGE sweet onion & loved every bite of it! This is definitely a recipe that is worth making for special company! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Delicious kebap! I used nectarines as they were firmer than the peaches I had and did not make the couscous as I had many other sides. Made for Canada Day.