Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this recipe online. It is quite different from any pork recipe I've tried but oh so good!! I find 1/2 the recipe is enough for 2-4 people.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180°C.
- Cut six 1-inch slits across roast.
- Place a cooling rack on a large rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Place bacon on rack.
- Combine maple syrup, Dijon mustard, rosemary, salt and pepper. Brush with basting mixture.
- Bake in centre of oven for 25 – 30 minutes and baste with remaining mixture.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes, or until a thermometer registers 130F/55°C.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Five Stars. I made this for part of a Sunday brunch for a large number of cottagers and people were asking me for the recipe. I cooked this on the barbecue using indirect heat. I placed the roast on a foil pan on the "off' side of the grill and basted it frequently with the sauce. It took about an hour and 15 minutes. The roast sliced beautifully. A nice alternative to pan fried peameal and certainly much easier if you are cooking for a large number of people.
This was amazing! I've used a similar recipe before, but for whatever reason, this combination makes the grade. It's so basic yet such a wonderful blend of flavours while hot and as a leftover. My husband said: "You can make this anytime..." Thanks for sharing! Michelle, Bellevile
Excellent recipe. I wanted to try something different than just frying and this is a keeper. Thanks for a great recipe.