Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe in the paper, and am posting as written. I used sugar free maple syrup and a good heaped teaspoon of the mustard seeds and this turned out amazing. This will go perfect with anything from salad to pork, and the family loved this. Keeps in the fridge for about 2 weeks.
- 185 ml maple syrup
- 125 ml Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (heaped teaspoon)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring the maple syrup to the boil and boil keeping it bubbling, when the bubbles start to go from small to big and the mixture is thickened this is about the time it is ready ( The recipe states several minutes, although mine took about 4-5 minutes). Remove from heat when thickened.
- Cool maple mixture. (With this step, my mixture was not completely cooled).
- When cool whisk in the Dijon mustard, seeds and pepper.
- This is ready once it has completely cooled.
Aussie Swap #73: This is simple and tasty! I used it on chicken breasts and as a salad dressing - it is full of flavor!!