Recipe by Darlene28
This came from a magazine that featured Emeril Lagasse about five or so years ago.
Top Review by katia
What a tasty recipe!!! I made it for Pick a Chef 2006 and I'm glad I did! I didn't use a whole turkey but just skinless turkey breasts so I cut the recipe in half. I also use honey instead of maple syrup. Despite all these changes the result was great.I believe that with a whole turkey and the stuffing the result will be much better. It's a keeper! Thanks Darlene!
- 158.51 ml pure maple syrup
- 59.14 ml Dijon mustard
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 29.58 ml margarine
- 5443.10-6350.29 g thawed turkey
- your favorite prepared stuffing
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Mix syrup,mustard, wine and margerine together in a pot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes until sauce is reduced by 1/2 cup.
- Stuff the turkey with your favorite recipe and refrigerate any leftover stuffing.
- Rub the turkey with margerine and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour 1/2 cup water in the roast pan with the turkey. Bake for about 3 hours or until thermometer reads 180 degrees, brushing with glaze often.
- Cook remainig stuffing the last 30 mintues of roasting time.