Recipe by lazyme
Great side dish with any meal, but really nice during the Holidays. Use a good maple syrup from the NE region of the US. This can be made ahead. From Bon Appetit.
- 4 lbs carrots, peeled, cut on sharp diagonal into 1/4-inch-thick ovals (about 11 cups)
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 1/4 sticks)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 4 1/2 cups water, carrots, 4 tablespoons butter, sugar, and coarse salt in heavy large pot. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until carrots are just tender when pierced with knife, about 10 minutes. Drain. (Can be prepared 3 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
- Melt remaining 6 tablespoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add maple syrup and brown sugar and stir until sugar dissolves. Add carrots and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer carrots to large bowl. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.