- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients. Add chopped nuts; add liquids and mix until just blended.
- Spoon into greased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven. Turn on broiler. Cover cake with topping. Place under broiler for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.