Recipe by BirdyBaker
These bars oh so good and filled with so much maple goodness that they are addicting. I am a maple freak and these bars are perfect. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Cook time does not include chill time.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup pure maple syrup, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups chocolate chips, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- For Maple Short Crust:.
- Cream butter. Continue to beat, gradually add the maple syrup and vanilla. Add the flour and salt, blend.
- For the cheesecake:.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees. Press Rich Maple Short Crust into 9x13 pan with floured hands.
- Pour melted chocolate over crust, set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until light.
- Beat in sour cream and then eggs one at a time.
- Gradually beat in maple syrup followed by vanilla and lemon juice.
- Slowly pour cheese mixture over chocolate. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven 350 and bake 30 minutes longer.
- Cool on wire rack, cover, chill before cutting into bars.