- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (or vegetable oil or Earth Balance)
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk (soy or dairy or part yogurt!)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour, soda, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl combine and blend remaining ingredients, except nuts.
- Stir in liquid ingredients into dry.
- Fold in nuts.
- Spread batter in a loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.