1/3 Photos of Maple Blondie (Applebee's Inspired)
Che' Pepe's Note:
I was sort of let down by the Applebees copycat recipes for their Maple Butter Blondie. Applebees' blondie is nothing like a traditional blondie and is more cake-like and even sometimes dry (all the better for the ice cream and maple sauce). The blondie recipes I found online were always butter-laden with fudgy textures, which I don't care for. So I made this recipe. Second: most of the maple sauces are brown sugar recipes, but Applebees' sauce is white. So I used cream, white chocolate chips and white sugar to keep that coloring. Unfortunately, the maple extract has caramel color, so it darkened the sauce a little bit, but it was still good in my opinion. I hope you like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1In a mixer blender butter and sugars until creamy.
- 2Add vanilla, then add eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated.
- 3Mix in flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- 4Fold in white chocolate chips and nuts.
- 5Grease a 9 by 13-inch glass pan and smooth top of mixture.
- 6Bake 350° for 25-30 minutes.
- 7For Sauce.
- 8Combine cream, chips and sugar in a saucepan and cook, constantly stirring, on medium heat until bubbly and thickened. Be careful not to burn sugary sauce.
- 9Remove from heat and add maple flavoring. (extract will the darken the sauce slightly but it will still be fairly light colored.).
- 10To Assemble.
- 11Cut brownies and top with ice cream, then top with sauce and sprinkle with more nuts.
- 12Tightly cover left-over brownies.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Blondie (Applebee's Inspired)
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.5
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 119.1 mg
- Sodium 236.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 34.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g