Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
Created by Dr. Weis - This simple custard is "baked" on top of the stove. It is equally good for breakfast as it is for a snack or dessert. Serve it with seasonal fruit. Great for those watching their weight!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk or 1 cup soymilk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggs, milk, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk or beat until well blended.
- Pour into 3 glass custard cups.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place the custard cups on a folded paper towel in a skillet with a tight fitting lid.
- Pour water into the pan, about 1" deep, and cover. Bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Remove pan from heat, and let sit for 15 minutes without lifting the lid.
- Serve warm or cold.