Recipe by Sackville
This makes a great breakfast muffin. You can use any dried fruit in the batter and for a special treat they're nice with a bit of brown sugar sprinkled on top just before baking.
- 2 cups oats
- 2 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the oats, milk and dark maple syrup together in large bowl.
- Add in the butter and eggs and use a mixer to blend thoroughly.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, and apricots and gradually fold into the batter.
- Drop the muffin batter into buttered muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.