Recipe by NanuqsMom
Taken from the Company's Coming - Stews, Chilies & Chowders Cookbook. Rich,spicy flavor. Filling and satisfying. I could not find canned mixed beans and therefore doubled the red kidney beans as a personal preference. I used baked beans in tomato sauce but think you could also use white beans in tomato sauce (I couldn't buy them here) Enjoy!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄3 cups green peppers, chopped
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, with juice
- 19 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 14 ounces baked beans in tomato sauce
- 28 ounces red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces condensed tomato soup
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Scramble-fry ground beef, onion, celery, garlic and green pepper in large pot or Dutch oven until beef is no longer pink. Drain.
- Add remaining 10 ingredients. Stir well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.