Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was born in the land of Tarte Tatin, Sologne (in France), and thought of this recipe for my friend Elsa who just moved in India and didn't know what to do with mangoes. So here it is, caramelized Mangoes in an upside down pie ! If you want the whole story of the Tarte tatin, check my blog : http://frenchandparfait.blogspot.com/2012/09/mango-sisters-tatin.html
- Slice the mangoes and take out the skin.
- Pour half of the sugar on a pie pan.
- Add the mango slices, the butter in small pieces all over the fruits, and pour the rest of the sugar.
- Put the pie pan on a high set gas for 3 minutes, so that the sugar caramelize.
- Place the pie crust on top of the mangoes. Tuck it in around the edges of the pan.
- Put in a 425 F preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Then let rest for 10 minutes before flipping the pie again with a platter.