Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe from my days in culinary school. It's great on chicken, but superb on breaded pork.
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter
- 4 mangoes, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 80 ml red wine vinegar
- 80 ml dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- Heat pan with clarified butter; add mangoes.
- Add sugar, vinegar, sherry, and ginger.
- Bring to a boil; add pepper.
- Cook out about 5 minutes (liquefy).
- Simmer for several minutes until proper consistency.