- 1⁄2 cup dried mango, diced small
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted (can sub walnuts)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup basmati rice (jasmine rice works wonderfully)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) chicken broth (1 3/4 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon basil (fresh is so much better)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (1/2 teaspoon is plenty enough)
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine rice, salt, broth, mango, onion and water in a mediium saucepan. Bring to a boil; cover and turn heat down to summer for 15 -18 minutes. Rice should be tender and all liquid absorbed.
- Stir in the pine nuts, basil, cumin, chili powder, cayenne into the rice. Pepper to taste and serve hot.