Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
A wonderful side for almost any meat. Made with dried mango.
Make and share this Mango Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup dried mango, diced small
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted (can sub walnuts)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup basmati rice (jasmine rice works wonderfully)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) chicken broth (1 3/4 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon basil (fresh is so much better)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (1/2 teaspoon is plenty enough)
- black pepper
- Combine rice, salt, broth, mango, onion and water in a mediium saucepan. Bring to a boil; cover and turn heat down to summer for 15 -18 minutes. Rice should be tender and all liquid absorbed.
- Stir in the pine nuts, basil, cumin, chili powder, cayenne into the rice. Pepper to taste and serve hot.
What a wonderful side dish this is!
I just loved the mango and the cumin flavour, and the gentle heat from the chilli and cayenne.
I am SO going to be making this one again!
Made for PRMR.
This was great!! My son said he LOVED it! Made for ZWT!!