1/1 Photo of Mango Loaf Cake With Passion Fruit Glaze
1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 5 mins
A soft and tender mango loaf cake given an extra zing with a fresh passion fruit glaze. Easy to make and the ideal crowd-pleaser. It's also perfect with your afternoon tea!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the cake
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter or 3/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt (only if you're using unsalted butter)
- 1 cup mango pulp
For the glaze
- 1Preheat oven to 325F and grease and line a 2lb loaf tin.
- 2Place the butter and sugar into a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minute on med-high speed.
- 3Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, scraping down the sides as necessary, mix on med-high until well incorporated and smooth, around 1 minute.
- 4Add the cake flour, baking powder and salt if using, mix on low-med until smooth.
- 5Add in the mango purée/pulp and mix on low-medium until well incorporated, light and smooth.
- 6Pour the cake batter into the lined loaf tin and level it off with a spatula/wooden spoon.
- 7Place in the oven for 65-70 minutes until risen, golden and an inserted skewer into the centre comes out clean.
- 8Leave to cool in the tin for at least 1 hour before transferring to a wire rack.
- 9Once cool, make the glaze: Using a medium sized bowl, scrape the insides of the passion fruits into a sieve and use the back of a spoon to separate the juice from the seeds. Place seeds in a separate bowl, you can either discard them or use them as a garnish.
- 10Add 1/2 cup sifted icing sugar into the passion fruit juice and mix until smooth and glossy.
- 11Slowly spoon glaze all over the cooled cake and garnish with passion fruit seeds if desired.
- 12Cake will keep in an airtight container, at room temp, for 3 days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Loaf Cake With Passion Fruit Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.3
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.0 mg
- Sodium 94.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g