Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We eat a lot of fruit salad in the summer and this one sounds wonderful. Recipe source: local newspaper
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, minced
- 1 lime, juice and zest of, grated
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 mangoes, peeled, seeded and cut into cubes
- 3 cups green grapes
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf, chopped
- In a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients (ginger - honey) and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl toss together the rest of the ingredients(mangoes - mint).
- Add dressing, toss.
This is amazingly good! I was skeptical at first since the ingredients seemed like an odd pairing, but the whole family loves it! I%u2019m hooked. It will become a regular on our table.
Wonderful! Served for dessert. Used 1 mango, 1 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup sliced strawberries, and 1 cup raspberries. Made 1/2 the dressing with 1/2 tsp. ground ginger and 1 tsp. dried mint, because I didn't have fresh. Very versatile. Fruit possibilities are endless. Thanks!
This was a very good fruit salad, very light and refreshing, compared to the salad I'used to that includes canned fruit and whipped cream. The flavor of the lime and ginger really give the fruit a nice zing. I added pineapple and banana, as my family really likes them. Made for ZWT5 by one of the Cooks with Dirty Faces.