1/2 Photos of Mango Fool (Or Papaya or Banana...)
Posted for ZWT, I haven't made it yet so yield and time are a guess. Any tropical fruit can be used here. I would think the pudding might need some vanilla or coconut extract added once it's thickened.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Heat coconut milk and water in double boiler or heavy saucepan over low heat, do not boil.
- 3In a bowl, mix sugar into beaten eggs. Slowly stir in about 1/2 cup of the heated milk to the egg-sugar mixture to temper.
- 4Slowly stir the egg-sugar mixture into heated milk. Cook on low heat until thickened into a custard, stirring gently and continuously.
- 5Add salt to taste. Refrigerate custard.
- 7While custard is cooling, peel, seed and chop fruit. Cook the fruit by bringing water and sugar to a boil in a saucepan. Add fruit pieces, reduce heat and cook until tender, 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 8Mash fruit or press through a sieve. Refrigerate.
- 10Gently fold together cooled custard and cooled fruit. Spoon into serving bowls and top with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Fool (Or Papaya or Banana...)
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.1
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 46.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 57.4 g
- Protein 5.6 g