Recipe by Sackville
A delightful treat that you can make up to three days ahead of time and keep covered in the freezer.
- 5 egg yolks
- 125 ml caster sugar
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 1 (425 g) cansliced drained mangoes (or the fresh equivalent)
- 85 ml lemon juice
- 300 ml thickened cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar together in a mixer until fluffy.
- Bring the coconut cream to a boil in a saucepan, or in a microwave on high for two minutes.
- Beat the hot coconut cream into the egg mixture while the mixer is running.
- Separately, blend the mangoes and lemon juice until smooth.
- Also beat the cream in a small bowl until it forms soft peaks.
- Fold the mango mixture and cream into the egg yolk mixture.
- Pour the whole thing into a cake dish or loaf pan.
- Cover with foil and freeze until firm, stirring with a fork every half hour to make sure it ends up smooth.
- Serve sprinkled with toasted coconut.