Recipe by Ambervim
I found this on my recipe hung. It was made for fettuccine - red and green. I like angel hair pasta. Could be pork or fish.
- 30 g butter
- 8 onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 15 ounces mangoes, sliced
- 16 ounces chicken, Cooked sliced into strips
- 60 ounces pasta (or less)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces chopped walnuts
- basil leaves (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in pan and sauté onions until golden. Add flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add chicken stock and bring to the boil. Stir until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Simmer covered for 20 minutes. Add mango and chicken to saucepan and season to taste, heat through.
- Place past in boiling salted water for 5 to 7 mins stirring to separate the pasta.
- Drain in a colander, rinse in hot water and drain again.
- Combine pasta and walnuts with sauce and mix well.
- Serve on heated pasta bowls garnish with basil and chopped tomato dice.