- 6 1⁄2 cups of ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the mango, water and orange to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Run the mix through a mill or wire sieve. Return the mango mush to the pan and add the lemon juice and sugar.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves and simmer for another 30 minutes, skimming off any foam that accumulates.
- Spoon the warm butter into canning jars.
- Steep the jars in 250-degree water baths for 10 minutes to seal the jars.