Recipe by Aussie-In-California
My Mum would make this for my father on special occasions. The recipe came from my Grandma Sally. Wonderful for dipping in tea. A not too sweet and fruity dry cookie.
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup candied fruit, mainly red and green
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and sugar until light.
- Mix and sift flour, baking powder and salt. Add to egg mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
- The dough should be soft.
- With floured hands form long loaves about 2 inches wide and 3/4 inches high.
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet in moderate oven - 350F until lightly browned - about 40-50 minutes.
- Cut in slices while hot.
- Turn slices on side and return to oven for a few minutes to toast sides.