Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My Mum would make this for my father on special occasions. The recipe came from my Grandma Sally. Wonderful for dipping in tea. A not too sweet and fruity dry cookie.
- Beat eggs and sugar until light.
- Mix and sift flour, baking powder and salt. Add to egg mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
- The dough should be soft.
- With floured hands form long loaves about 2 inches wide and 3/4 inches high.
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet in moderate oven - 350F until lightly browned - about 40-50 minutes.
- Cut in slices while hot.
- Turn slices on side and return to oven for a few minutes to toast sides.