Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very simple to make. My grandmother use to make this every thanksgiving!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 can mandarin oranges in juice (1 cup approx.)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Mix the first 6 ingredients together with mixer on low speed until completely mixed.
- Pour into a well greased and floured 8x8 pan.
- Bake at 325/F for approx.
- 35 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Mix together last three ingredients.
- Pour this mixture over the cake and return to oven 5-10 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whip cream!
Not sure what happened, but second time making this cake just turned out terrible! Center was all gooey and did not bake properly at all, depsite 45 minutes of cooking. This was a disaster and had to be thrown out!!