Recipe by katie in the UP
This is an easy salad to throw together. We enjoyed it. I'm making a double batch to take to MIL's on Easter.
- 1 lb dried linguine, broken into fourths
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, I use Tamari I think it's a better quality soy
- 1⁄4 cup water (because of the soy sauce..I used about half of the water the recipe calls for)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, cut into thin bite size strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh pea pods, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the linguine according to pkg directions. Drain linguine and transfer to an extra large mixing bowl.
- In a jar with a screw top lid, combine soy sauce, water, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, ginger and I also added a pinch or two of crushed red chili pods. Cover and shake well.
- Pour over hot linguine; toss gently to coat. Cool.
- Add the tomato, carrot, pea pods and green onions to linguine mixture; toss gently to combine. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
- Add sesame seeds. Toss gently before serving.