Recipe by mewmew
These came from a muffin website; not sure which one. These are very moist and always a big hit whenever I make them for guests or friends.
Top Review by Drfajardo
A great but simple recipe for a first-time "baker"! More importantly, this muffin is so delicious I'm now inspired with my newly-discovered skill! Last weekend, I was collecting easy muffin recipes for my elderly mother who has just recently learned how to bake, as well. Since she is not computer-savvy, I browsed through several possibilities for her! Going through numerous recipes made me realize that baking did not seem so difficult after all. When I told my nurses about this, they challenged me to "shock" them by baking one of the recipes I collected for my mother! Today being a snowbound day made it ideal to try my hand at baking! I am impressed!
- 236.59 ml mandarin oranges in juice
- 14.79 ml orange extract
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 226.79 g sour cream
- 78.07 ml butter, melted
- 118.29 ml pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F,.
- Line the muffin pans with paper liners.
- Drain the mandarins reserving liquid.
- Add the orange extract and enough water to make 1 cup of liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, brown and white sugars.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, orange liquid and the butter.
- Add to dry ingredients with oranges and pecans.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Fill lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 mnutes.