Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Wonderful & very easy banana pudding. The Eagle Brand is the secret...everyone will love it!! Cooking time is chillng time here. Even the most inexperienced cook can do this & people will beg for the recipe.
- 1 bunch banana
- 1 (12 ounce) boxnilla wafer cookies
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (5 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding (prepared as pie filling)
- Make pudding according to directions on box for pie filling, but do not let set. Mix in Cool Whip & Eagle Brand. Slice bananas into desired thickness. In a large bowl, starting with pudding mixture, layer pudding, then cookies, then bananas. Repeat until all pudding mixture is used and top with cookies. Cover & refrigerate 3-4 hours until set.
I had this recipe for banana pudding at a potluck and it was wonderful! Very creamy, but banana-y. Thanks for sharing, Bethanna!
My family loved this rich pudding & thought the banana flavor showed well. I liked how easy it was to assemble and that it used items I normally have on hand. It makes a huge bowl too. Discovered during Pick A Chef ~Spring 2010.
Easy and quick banana pudding that we are enjoying. I left this in the refrigerator for 4 hours but was worried because all I really tasted was Cool Whip and the nilla wafers were still hard. After leaving the pudding in the refrigerator over night the banana flavor came thru and the nilla wafers softened. Next time I will try to find instant banana pudding for a bit more banana flavor. Thank you for posting your recipe Bethanna, I will be making it again. Maade and reviewed for Spring 2009 Pick A Chef.