9 hrs 40 mins
My favorite breakfast dish from my childhood, and still is! My mother would make this for special occasions when we had a lot of family over, for Christmas or Thanksgiving or other holidays. The cream cheese and maple syrup with the french toast are a combination that pleases everyone. Prep it and leave it in the fridge overnight, then bake it in the morning. Just the smell of it will make your whole family smile!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Grease an oven safe, 13.5 x 9" pan with butter.
- 22. Place 1/2 of the bread in the bottom of the pan, then add the cheese, then place the rest of the bread on top.
- 33. Beat eggs in a separate bowl, and add melted butter and maple syrup in the bowl.
- 44. Pour this mixture over the bread, cover with plastic wrap or foil paper and refrigerate it for 8 or 9 hours (overnight is fine).
- 55. Remove from the refrigerator and bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
- 66. Remove from oven and let cool for a couple minutes, then enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama's French Toast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 694.1
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 298.1 mg
- Sodium 750.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 19.9 g